In 2019, more than half of the adult population residing in Portugal was overweight or obese, registering a "slight increase" of 0.7% compared to 2014. (National Health Survey released by the portuguese National Estatistic Institute (INE).
Obesity has a huge impact on health, as it’s associated with several pathologies (diabetes, hypertension, ...) or changes in the body. To counteract these numbers and improve our well-being and health, it’s important to adjust the weight and body composition.
In order for weight loss to occur it’s significant to have a calorie deficit, that is, the calorie consumption has to be less than those we spend in our day-to-day. You have several ways for this to occur:
- Decrease caloric consumption (through food);
>> Click here: TODAY'S OFFERS <<
- Increase caloric expenditure (by exercising);
- Combine the two previous options (healthy eating and physical exercise).
Although healthy eating appears to be sufficient to achieve the goal of weight loss, physical exercise complements the entire process:
- Increase caloric spending, reducing that way the food restrictions;
- Promote the increase of muscle mass that could be compromised if you do only the diet.
To complement the whole process, you can also use supplements that promote weight loss. As a suggestion, we recommend a very complete Rocksprint supplement, Instant Pre-Workout, which improves body composition and promotes an increase in energy for a greater caloric expenditure in training.
Benefits of Instant Pre Workout:
- Increased fat burning - due to its rich composition of Caffeine, Bitter Orange, concentrated extract of Cayenne and Bioperine®;
- Increased focus and concentration - due to the presence of caffeine;
- Increase in muscle mass - due to the concentration of arginine that allows a better blood flow, therefore better nutrition to the muscle;
- Decreased tiredness and fatigue and increased energy - due to the richness of its composition in L-taurine, Niacin and Caffeine.
Although physical exercise is important in weight loss, the ideal is to be balanced with a healthy diet, only in this way is it possible to avoid the “yo-yo” effect and live longer and with a better quality of life.
Still, we advise you to look for a qualified professional. We have specialized nutritional advice, book your free online consultation for any further clarification.
By Adriana Martins, Nutritionist
>> Was this article useful for you? Subscribe to the newsletter. It's free. CLICK HERE <<