Food plays an essential role in an athlete's training. Food serves as fuel and provides the body with the necessary tools to strengthen replenish and give the most in all its daily tasks.
Superfoods occupy an important space in the diet of many athletes. These foods are so named because they contain a large amount and variety of nutrients: vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fatty acids or calcium, that bring great health benefits and are able to improve the athlete’s performance.
>> Click here: TODAY'S OFFERS <<
Here is a list of some of the best superfoods for athletes:
- Garlic and onion: they have a vasodilating action, which improves blood circulation, in addition to boost immunity system;
- Ginger: with antioxidant action that fights free radicals and contributes to reduce aging. This food also has properties that increase metabolism, thus being able to decrease total and even abdominal fat;
- Fatty fish (sardines, salmon, and mackerel) or dried fruits (nuts, almonds) or seeds: foods rich in omegas have an anti-inflammatory action, helping the level of the cardiovascular system and reducing LDL cholesterol (“bad cholesterol”);
- Avocado: rich in glutathione and oleic acid and vitamin E, it promotes the reduction of blood cholesterol, rejuvenation, cell recovery, which actively participates in the immune system by neutralizing the action of free radicals produced during physical activity. In addition, it modulates the production and release of cortisol (stress hormone) and contributes to liver detoxification;
- Red fruits (blueberries, blackberries, …): rich in catechins, these foods improve the immune system by decreasing the action of free radicals and cell degradation, as well as improving cholesterol levels;
- Green leafy vegetables: foods rich in lutein, prevent muscle degeneration and premature aging.
- Cayenne pepper: the spicy aroma triggers the production of endorphins, a hormone that causes well-being. In addition, it helps in vasodilation, improving blood circulation, as well as increasing energy expenditure by the body, helping with weight loss;
- Yogurt and Kefir: foods with probiotics, which are good bacteria that improve bowel function;
- Beet: rich in nitrate, one of the precursors of nitric oxide, a compound that in addition to assisting performance during exercise provides more efficient muscle recovery.
These are just a few examples of superfoods, as there are more. For this type of food to improve your health and sports performance, regular and clear consumption, healthy eating habits is recommended.
All the mentioned foods can be consumed through supplements, in order to obtain a higher dosage in a smaller amount of food. In addition, there are superfoods that are more easily found in supplements, such as Spirulina. Increasingly studied for its composition, this seaweed consists of protein (including essential amino acids), minerals (magnesium, iron, calcium and zinc), vitamins (A, B2, B6 and B12) as well as antioxidants (beta-carotene and chlorophyll), which gives it multiple actions.
SPIRULINA SUPERFOOD PRO by Rocksprint consists of 400mg of Spirulina for each capsule, reaching 2400mg per daily dose.
- Muscle mass synthesis;
- Weight loss;
- Improves Nutrition;
- Promotes intestinal health;
- Improves glucose and lipid metabolism.
As each case is different, you must take into account a balanced and varied diet and not only the use of these foods / supplements. If you have any questions, contact us through Online Counseling. An exclusive Rocksprint service.
By Adriana Martins, Nutritionist
>> Was this article useful for you? Subscribe to the newsletter. It's free. CLICK HERE <<