Constipation refers to a lower number of bowel movements per week (less than 3), mainly affecting women and older people. Constipation is essentially due to poor diet, sedentary lifestyle and low water intake, but it can also be caused by pathologies or physiological changes.
In addition to being able to harm our health, more specifically of the intestine, constipation also affects the quality of life of those who suffer from this issue, because they usually have symptoms such as swollen belly, accumulation of gas, abdominal pain, etc.
>> Click here: TODAY'S OFFERS <<
The intestine is the basis for an organism and an “iron” health. The intestine is the first defense barrier for the immune system, it helps in the elimination of toxins and absorption of various nutrients. There are foods that, due to their nutritional characteristics, benefit the proper functioning of the intestine, balancing its functioning and maintaining healthy bacterial flora. Find out the six best:
1. Whole grains (oat flakes, brown rice, buckwheat): fiber-rich foods that speed up intestinal transit;
2. Fruit (Kiwi and Plum): these two foods contain a higher fiber richness than other fruits - 2g per 100g, which is why they are important for a healthy and regular bowel;
3. Nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts) and seeds (golden flaxseed): in addition to having a good amount of fiber, these foods have unsaturated fat that helps in a good intestinal functioning;
4. Vegetables (leaf greens, broccoli): these vegetables are a good source of fiber and help to regulate the intestine, in addition, they improve the immune system as they are rich in antioxidants;
5. Probiotics (kefir, yogurts, kombucha): protect or replenish our intestinal flora, we should choose these foods or supplements that contain probiotics to improve intestinal health;
6. Water: in addition to a good amount of water being essential for the intestine to function regularly, drinking a glass of warm water on an empty stomach improves the feeling of constipation.
In addition to a good intake of these foods, it is necessary to eliminate others that impair proper functioning, such as sugary products and refined flours. It is also important to avoid factors such as stressful situations and smoking habits.
By Adriana Martins, Nutritionist
>> Was this article useful for you? Subscribe to the newsletter. It's free. CLICK HERE <<