It is at times like this (Covid-19 pandemic), that we must rethink the future and adopt new habits in several ways and here we must also include the change in eating habits, so that our nutritional choices help to protect / defend our immunity system.
Portugal ranks fourth in the OECD countries with the most obese population. The latest OECD Health at a Glance report indicates that 67.6% of the Portuguese population over 15 years of age is overweight or obese.
Obesity is considered as the epidemic of the 21st century and besides being a disease, it can influence or promote the appearance of other diseases such as: diabetes, sleep apnea, dyslipidemia, hypertension, among others.
>> Click here: TODAY'S OFFERS <<
It is necessary to take measures to combat this excess fat accumulated in the body. Find out some tips that will help you:
- Healthy and balanced diet: it should be varied and preferably exclude as much as possible foods rich in saturated fat and refined sugars;
- Hydration: the amount of daily water to be consumed depends on several factors (age, sex, profession, ...), however it is recommended to consume about 1.5L to 2L per day;
- Physical exercise: there must be physical exercise at least 3 times a week in all age groups, this must be adapted (for how long, frequency, intensity and type of sport);
- Good rest and stress reduction: to complement the entire weight loss process it is essential to reduce the amount of stress in life, as well as having a good night's rest. For this it is necessary to plan moments for you, practice meditation or yoga and eliminate all distractions that may interrupt sleep;
- Supplements: food supplements can be that extra help you need to achieve your goals in weight loss and maintenance. At Rocksprint we have several options: Drainer; Detox Fit; Thermo Man; CLA; Carnitine, among others.
Moderation, control and discipline will help you maintain a controlled weight in the long run, as long as you make good changes.
For best results, schedule a free consultation with our team of sports nutrition specialists. Exclusive Rocksprint service. Book here.
By Adriana Martins, Nutritionist
>> Was this article useful for you? Subscribe to the newsletter. It's free. CLICK HERE <<