Immunity is the responsiveness our body has to defend itself against invaders such as virus, bacteria or fungi that can cause disease. When our immunity is low we are prone to infections.
As we feel weaker and without strengths, we remember to strengthen our immune system, but this should be a practice all year long.
In athletes, whether professionals or amateurs, the practice of intense physical activity can lead the body to low immunity and bring some pathologies, hence the diet and supplementation are fundamental pillars for good immunity.
Foods rich in Vitamins C and E, Selenium, Zinc, Probiotics, Folic Acid and Omega 3 are important in boosting immunity as they favor the production of defense cells in an efficient manner. Some examples of foods to boost immunity are:
- Vitamin C: orange, kiwi, lemon, tangerine, grapefruit, lemon, strawberry, broccoli, spinach;
- Vitamin E: almond, peanut, hazelnut, sunflower seeds, wheat germ;
- Selenium: egg yolk, sunflower seeds, chicken, brazil nuts;
- Zinc: whole grains, leguminous (beans, grains, peas), meat, nuts;
- Probiotics: Kefir, natural yogurt;
- Folic acid: liver, lentils, broccoli, spinach, beetroot;
- Omega 3: fatty fish (sardines, mackerel, salmon), flaxseeds, nuts, olive oil.
If you need to improve immunity it is important to increase the amounts of these foods and to consume them on a regular basis, not only when there is already some pathology. Similarly, it is necessary to reduce the intake of sugars and fats, especially saturated fats.
When it is not possible to obtain all these nutrients through daily diet and so that there are no nutritional deficiencies, supplementation should be considered to prevent disease onset. For this we have selected the best Rocksprint supplements to boost immunity:
Still, it is important to consider other aspects to increase your immunity, such as adequate rest between physical activity, reducing stress and anxiety, not smoking, not drinking alcohol, among others.
Juice to increase Immunity:
150ml of Echinacea tea in cold
2 slices of beetroot
1 Tablespoon golden flax seeds
1 tablespoon ground ginger coffee
- Wash and cut the ingredients.
- Crush all ingredients to a smooth and fluid consistency.
- Drink the juice right away.
By Adriana Martins, Nutritionist