Is drinking water with lemon really beneficial to the body or is it a myth? Opinions are many, but few certainties...
The truth is that this combination can bring several benefits to your health, let's see why:
- Hydrates - allows the replacement of the water that we lose, during the night, in the various biological processes of elimination of toxins and regeneration of the organism.
- Stimulates the Immune System - because it is rich in vitamin C, the lemon has anti-inflammatory effects. In addition, lemon water has anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties that help prevent urinary infections and protect against colds and flu.
>> Click here: TODAY'S OFFERS <<
- It has a diuretic and depurative effect - stimulates the renal function, increasing the production of urine, which contributes to the elimination of excess liquids and toxins.
- At the liver level, the fact that lemon activates enzymes involved in the process of eliminating toxins, favors detoxification.
- Acts as an antioxidant - bioflavonoids present in lemon act against free radicals, prevent aging and cell degradation.
- Improves digestive processes - Lemon's citric acid allows the liver to produce enzymes needed to produce bile. Thus, during the day, unpleasant symptoms such as heartburn, abdominal bloating and indigestion, tend to disappear.
Also, try drinking water with lemon in the post-workout! Water with lemon can help at various levels in muscle recovery after exercise. Water, by itself, will hydrate the muscle cells, improving the performance of their functions and transporting the necessary nutrients. In addition, lemon has an anti-inflammatory effect, which allows for a faster muscle recovery after intense strength exercises. Its alkalizing effect still allows to combat the acidity, caused by the increase of the lactic acid during the training.
By Joana Correia, Nutritionist